Andrew B. Howard, a founding member of the firm, practices extensively in state and federal courts, at both the trial and appellate level. Andrew is also actively involved in the areas of land use planning, municipal law, complex commercial and residential real estate law and lending, business organization and planning, and estate planning.
In addition to representing a number of local business and not-for-profit organizations, Andrew presently serves as counsel to the Columbia Economic Development Corporation, the City of Hudson, and the Towns of Canaan, Clermont, Kinderhook and Taghkanic. Andrew represents Andrew has been consistently named to Hudson Valley Magazine’s Super Lawyers list and routinely lectures at continuing legal education (CLE) seminars on issues involving litigation and municipal law.
Andrew is a member of the New York State Bar and is admitted to the Northern, Southern and Eastern U.S. District Courts for the State of New York. Andrew is a member of the New York State and Columbia County Bar Associations. He is the past Chairman of the Columbia County Chamber of Commerce, The Friends of the Choir of the Cathedral of All Saints and Columbia Clippers Travel Baseball. Andrew was inducted into the St. Lawrence University Athletic Hall of Fame as a member of the 1988 Track & Field team.
- B.A., cum laude, Government – St. Lawrence University (1991).
- J.D., cum laude - Albany Law School of Union University (1994).
- Friends of the Choir, Cathedral of All Saints
- Columbia County Chamber of Commerce
- Northern Columbia Little League
- Columbia Clippers Travel Baseball
- Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception
- Instructor - Columbia Hudson Partnership Micro-Business Program
- Instructor – American Institute of Banking
- Instructor – National Business Institute
Andrew and his wife, Elizabeth, live in Kinderhook, New York with their sons, Christopher and Paul.